The Oxford branch has a healthy committee and our evening events have been well attended. We have been able to move our evening talks around the region for ease of access for members and to make the most of the variety of expertise.
Our 2017–2018 programme included:
• Glenn Nielsen, Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist, spoke about the Management of Functional Neurological Disorders
• Jash Patel, Consultant Neurovascular Surgeon, spoke about Vascular Malformations and surgical treatments
• Jo Pierce, Lecturer in Physiotherapy at OBU, presented about Neuroplasticity: Keep calm and go practise
• Simon Prangnell, Clinical Neuropsychologist, spoke about Mental Capacity Assessments in Practice
• Julian Taylor, Research Director, presented on Spinal Cord Injury Research and the Physiotherapist
• Katie Gore, Pelvic Pain Specialist Physiotherapist, gave a talk about the Pelvic Floor and its rehabilitation
• Emma Gurney, MS Specialist Nurse, updated us on MS, its diagnosis and management
• Professor Peter Rothwell presented on The Importance of Simple Clinical Innovation in Neurology and Stroke, which was followed by our AGM
• Ben Beare, Research Physiotherapist, will be presenting his current study ‘Investigating causes of post-stroke shoulder pain associated with restricted external rotation’, at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading
• Caroline Doderidge, Orthoptist, will talk about visual problems after neurological insult, Oxford
• Professor Brian Dolan, will discuss the #EndPJParalysis campaign, at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
• Will Young, Lecturer, will show us his research on gait and balance in PD and MS, at Brunel University
Other upcoming evening talks include Spasticity Management and Early Intervention for Parkinson’s Disease.
Our most up to date information is now available on Twitter and Facebook, and we will continue to email flyers as well. Many of our events are suitable for other members of the MDT, so please share widely.
Requests or suggestions for topics you feel would be beneficial for yourself, your department or your fellow ACPIN members are very welcome – please let us know in person or via email, Twitter or FaceBook.
Registered Charity number: 1180086 | Company number: 10898963