ACPIN on the Move: Engagement, Intensity and Impact
ACPIN INTERNATIONAL NEUROPHYSIOTHERAPY CONFERENCE 2018
Call for abstracts
We would like to invite you to submit an abstract for an oral presentation/poster display and presentation at the Conference on March 19th- 20th 2018, at Hilton Deansgate, Manchester.
The abstract categories
• Clinically related
• Service related
• Scientific research related
The scientific review committee will select the abstracts according to the quality of the research, the relevance to clinical practice and the clarity of the abstract. The scientific committee will decide whether abstracts will be presented orally (15 minute presentation), as a poster with platform presentation (5 minute) or as a poster without presentation at the conference. Accepted abstracts for oral presentations will be published in Synapse, poster abstracts will be posted on the conference website and in the conference booklet (with the author’s permission).
The closing date for submission of abstracts: 13th January 2018 5.00pm
The decision notification date for abstract submissions: 27th January 2018
At least one author of abstracts will be required to register in full to attend and present (orally or via poster) at the conference.
Early bird registration closes: 31st January 2018
As in other years, an oral and a poster presentation prize will be awarded at the conference, judged by a panel of ACPIN board members and invited speakers at the conference.
Submission of abstract
This year ACPIN is trialing the use of an abstract submission portal where you will need to submit your abstract. Please follow the instructions below to access the submission space:
Please click here to log onto Oxford Abstracts and in top right hand corner, click on the my account tab.
Create an account and once you have done this you will be sent to the abstract submission zone. The submission portal will take you through the steps of submitting your abstract, and there will be no need to submit a word document.
• Structured abstract: 250-300 words maximum
• All authors’ full names and affiliation/place of work
• Please include the email of the author who will be the main point of contact
• Title and authors names are excluded from the word count
• Subtitles can be used to structure the abstract, and will be included in the word count.
• For further advice on writing an abstract, see the guidelines on our website.
• Poster size: AO = 1189mm (118.9cm) x 841mm (84.1cm)
• For advice on designing a poster see the guidelines on our website.
• Please have A4 handouts of your poster available
• Platform presentation for posters:
• 5-minute presentation on poster, 3 to 4 slides maximum.
Click here to download a more comprehensive guide to writing an abstract and preparing a poster for conference.